Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Surrounded by puns.


 Oh those punny 20's! I recently realized that the sheet music we have hanging in our house has a nice little pun on it.  The music company that published the sheet music was called the Milton Weil Music Company, hence the "Worth Weil Song." The sheet music was for the song "Sweethearts on Parade" ( a song that M. Ward covered, which we love). 


This made me think about the puns that we are surrounded by every day.  As I'm sure you know, puns are a popular marketing and advertising tool.  Are you more likely to use a product or service that uses a pun? I don't know if I am, but I am more likely to laugh.  Do you have a favorite pun around the house?  Send it in!  I also noticed this one on a wine bottle--"Our Daily Red."






Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment